PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I think I want to update my PC
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 10:03
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to see my local dealer this morning only to find out they stopped selling Mac laptops and desktops (although they still sell ipads and other Apple personal devices). Asked why and was told there was no money in it for them as Apple are reigning in there distributor list and want you to buy those items from their own Apple stores. They do however offer a repair service for them.

My local dealer talked about Apple becoming a closed ecosystem, and that reminded me of iTunes which is a concept I've hated since it was invented and seemed to be getting worse last time I used an Apple which was about 5 years ago.

But all systems have some negatives about them and I still remain open to the MacBook Pro. He suggested I lease one for a short while and see if it fulfills my requirements as he has seen a fair few disappointed customers go from pc to mac then back to pc - but then again his business does see a fair few customers period so it may not be representative.

So tomorrow or next week I'm off to an Apple store to battle against the hoards of starry eyed consumers whose parents have indicated fulfilling their Christmas wishes, so that I can speak to an Apple fanboi just to cop an earful of linguistic shyte more suited for pimply teenagers - why does it have to be like that Apple