PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 09:04
Coffin Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JaxofMarlow your argument doesn't really hold water I'm afraid. The point is there ARE seniority lists within the airline industry and whilst everything is governed by these lists such as leave/promotions/base moves/days off etc then you are always going to have opposition, and quite right too. If I was command ready in lets say LGW and the company recruits a DEC instead of promoting me then I'd be spitting and so would you. You put forward some valid points but until these lists are removed industry wide you can want it as much as you like but this sort of argument will never go away.
You also haven't given any substance behind your notion that it's "bonkers to eliminate movement and it's in the best interests of companies and pilots". I can only see that it's in the best interest of the company short term as it saves costs, but also in that short term you'll have a number of p****d off pilots who have been stepped over (not healthy for the company) it's in the best interest of ONLY the DEC. So please tell me/us how it's healthy for the company and healthy for pilots in general.