PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2014, 09:05
Han 1st Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falling passenger numbers and reduced revenue is the result in the slash of loss making capacity, if you fly far fewer planes you'll generate less money and fly fewer passengers. Flybe UK has in fact never been in a stronger position than it is now, all the losses were in Finland hence it been cut loose, the UK operation posted a larger profit than last year, had higher load factors and and an increased passenger revenue per seat and I think once the company has dealt with all the legacy issues from the previous management the figures will be pretty impressive.

As regards the latest base and route decisions, well ABZ is a no brainer and if things hadn't been so desperate when the new management took over it would never had closed. We were told as much by Saad at the base closing meeting. BOH, I don't know how this one will turn out, maybe trying to keep SOU on their toes. STN seems to be a deal done with MAG and we may over time see a larger domestic route network emerge from Flybe at STN without treading on Ryanair or easyjet toes. LCY, as much as I hate the dash, on short sectors of under an hour it's hard to beat on economics. I think Cityflyer have a real fight on their hands, but in saying that apart from 2 or 3 routes I can't see Flybe really competing with Cityflyer as I think Flybe will expand onto other domestics that Cityflyer don't operate. Time will tell but my feeling is that Flybe are at LCY to stay and will do well there.