PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 21:13
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer 15

This has certainly got a debate going and like DJ6 and SWBKCB on the Stansted thread the most interesting or "left field" aspect is the timings of the STN-NCL. I would have loved to have been in the meeting when that decision was made.

Talking of which I realise it is early days but which base is crewing STN-NCL and where does the aircraft start and finish the day, as I believe neither STN or NCL are crew bases, the Southampton Newcastle turns around at present and goes back south and the BHD-NCL is early afternoon.

Also where is the IOM-STN crewed from? A 08.10 departure ex IOM could mean the aircraft is inbound from another station or it over-nights in IOM. Again I suppose all will become clear in a few weeks but it all looks quite convoluted at present.

Interesting to see 12 x 175's scheduled most evenings, having only 11 of them at present (9 BHX & 3 MAN) and again I assume that will change once the schedules are finalised and BHX will be 8.

Also is there any news on BHX - Florence route and if there is any solution to the summer flying other than it is not operating (possibly use Pisa?) due to the lack of an appropriate aircraft. Loads and fares indicate it was a success this summer but only rescued when the 195 eventually took over and it was able to operate near to schedule.

Rivet Joint - Not biased or anything (although I am ) I think BHX might be the flybe "Jewel in the crown" with 12 based of which 8 are jets. I think that speaks volumes. As for the 175's would it not be fair to say it was probably the deal that the previous management negotiated that was/is the problem, having flown on them a few times this year (and the Dash) they are simply brilliant even better than the 195 and it is a real shame if the economics don't add up on them.

Did I hear right the other day a 175 burns less than 1300 kilos BHX-AMS - I remember the old BA 1-11's burning 22 some days

Pete