PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 17:45
CaptainDoony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think LCY will remain with Loganair to be operated on Flybe's behalf. A business route principally, the Saab 2000 is much the best aircraft (faster) to operate that route vs. the Dash (assuming we never see a jet on it again). It's showing 3x daily on the S15 dates I looked at, & it really needs the fastest available a/c on it I feel.
Must only have been added today - I'm not sure Loganair have got enough Saab 2000's to run the LCY come S14 because EDI have one, GLA have for their MAN and ABZ needs for the Shetland runs as well. Currently scheduled as a Dash.

MAN will be a mix of based/non-based. S15 has five rotations M-F, so not sure if extra freqs can be added especially as I am assuming the 175 will make an appearance on some rotations. Maybe a sixth rotation on some days?
MAN was 6x daily 1-4 this Summer and Winter so I'd be surprised to see this cut down to 5x. I'd expect 3x Dash and 3x MAN based E75.

BHX will likely remain non-based - wonder if we'll see an early outbound one day, as I think BE322 at 0850 is the first outbound as a turnaround after the inbound BHX at 0820.
BHX is up more than 30% this year so far without any frequency increases but maybe OltonPete can clarify this? Some days the schedule can still be a bit top-heavy at certain times of the day.