PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 12:29
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not due back to work until tomorrow gave me the chance to look at the Flybe website earlier, just in case there was something new - but couldn't see anything different thus far. No doubt the based a/c will take up some of the current flying duties.

I think LCY will remain with Loganair to be operated on Flybe's behalf. A business route principally, the Saab 2000 is much the best aircraft (faster) to operate that route vs. the Dash (assuming we never see a jet on it again). It's showing 3x daily on the S15 dates I looked at, & it really needs the fastest available a/c on it I feel.

BHX will likely remain non-based - wonder if we'll see an early outbound one day, as I think BE322 at 0850 is the first outbound as a turnaround after the inbound BHX at 0820.

MAN will be a mix of based/non-based. S15 has five rotations M-F, so not sure if extra freqs can be added especially as I am assuming the 175 will make an appearance on some rotations. Maybe a sixth rotation on some days?

The LBA/SOU/JER 'shuttle' will I agree be partly-operated by one of the based a/c.

Like Capt D, agree BHD might be due an extra rotation, either morning or evening.

The CDG is a codeshare with AFR so assume this will continue.

I note Flybe are launching some non-based flying to/from STN. Appears a NCL-STN route is in the offing; could ABZ get a STN route again? Could they try EMA with the Dash with an early dept... or even an 'east coast' shuttle, a la Air UK?

Would be surprised to see AMS... I doubt pax would want to jump from a KLM jet onto a Dash 8, unless Flybe go after a different market. I could see a RTM route on a Dash 8 though.

More to Scandi? To be honest, I can't see where to right at this moment given Norway seems 'full up', but we'll see... maybe they're looking beyond Norway??