PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 08:35
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"This nonsense if we keep LHR at capacity everybody will come to MAN is rubbish"

Jamie2k9: I can't say there has been any serious suggestion this would happen. However, that doesn't mean that MAN might not benefit to some degree compared to an outcome where LHR did have a third runway. Surely, MAN (and MAG) have a responsibility to their employees, their shareholders and lenders to do and shout for what they believe to be in the best interests of the airport. They can't afford to take the so called moral high ground and claim they want what others (notably LHR management and some business organisations) may consider to be best for the UK as a whole. Even then, some would contend that expansion at LHR in a wider context is not in the best interests of the UK as a whole anyway, not least because it would be yet another expensive infrastructure project in the S.E.

I do tend to agree with you though that MAN has infrastructure and operational issues that need to be addressed.

Ian, I've no doubt MAN will announce their plans for growth "at the right time" but if, as rumoured, it involves major construction of a new Terminal, it will be how they cover the transition and growth in the meantime that will be of particular interest. Airlines and passengers tend to have limited patience but I'm sure MAN will work with all its partners to try and ensure the work is completed with as little disruption as possible to ongoing operations. But it will be no easy task.

Last edited by MANFOD; 12th Nov 2014 at 15:13.