PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2014, 13:55
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 'Reward Saver' deal is specific to flights through London by British Airways. For those of us in the regions, the FlyBe tie-up offered hope of some decent options from nearby airports. If, for example, I look at ALC with BA 'Reward Saver' I require MAN-LHR return and LGW-ALC return. That is 2x GBP35 plus [9000 + 15000? Avios] plus payment for a LHR-LGW-LHR coach transfer. MAN-based carriers easily undercut the cash element alone, even before one considers the likely requirement for a London hotel-night. And don't mention journey duration. Even the likes of BRU and CDG are poor value for us at GBP70 + 18000 Avios with a change at LHR. Unless one commutes to London, even 'Reward Saver' is pretty useless in the North.

I had hoped that FlyBe's 17 routes from MAN would offer some worthwhile redemption opportunities, but I'm not seeing it yet. 9000 Avios plus a higher cash sum than the standalone FlyBe direct booking fare isn't what I had in mind! Avios remain extremely difficult to use economically for those residing outside the South-East. Maybe we're better off with money off groceries.

Is anyone at FlyBe able to confirm whether the company intends to (eventually) offer some redemption deals which actually make sense financially for the customer?