PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2014, 12:39
JosuaNkomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737Jock

Your experience of the CTC product of the last 4 or so years obviously differs from mine. Fair enough.

I actually think CTC provides a good course, I am a product of their training both B737 and A320. I stand by my assumption that the mean product is not as good as it was. Perhaps it is a result of the typical cadet being treated as a commodity. That is what you get with pay to fly contracts. Loyalty and pride in the job is not displayed as a rule.

With regard to operating. Yes they can use the automatics, yes they can fly approaches in reasonable weather. Bare minimum experience levels, very limited solo flying and a very prescriptive training combined with little if no life experience mean some CADETs fade badly given a long or an arduous duty. Sometimes to the extent where one is effectively having to think for two.

Back to the DEC thing, I welcome the addition of DEC if the company and the CC agree that it is in the best interest of the company and not to the detriment of our excellent SFO's.

Last edited by JosuaNkomo; 10th Nov 2014 at 16:54.