PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2014, 19:37
Marvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm under no illusion, had it not been for Balpa I'd be paying for my car park, no food, crap uniform (oh wait!). Balpa aren't the be all, end all but you must understand the limitations placed on the unions by the government. Balpa within easyjet is only as strong as its members. Fortunately membership is high and it will be tested before next summer is out.

From the latest newsletter:

Having highlighted the issue to members in the last newsletter, we have since had the opportunity to investigate the issue further with management in an attempt to understand their justification for employing DECs in the UK. We are now satisfied that the Company are making considerable efforts to promote as many First Officers as resources allow but there still appears to be a shortfall in numbers for next year. As an example, although a command course starting in January is full, a course starting in December currently has 6 vacancies and the Company, extraordinarily, are struggling to find suitable or willing internal candidates. It is therefore becoming more likely that a small number of DECs will be required. We have been assured however that they will be based at LGW, will not jump transfer lists and will be employed on the standard Captain's contract with no variation in terms. Notwithstanding the above, if you believe that you may have been overlooked in terms of a place on a command course this Winter/Spring please let us know as soon as possible.