PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do we not require 1500 hours for a RHS job ?
Old 4th Nov 2014, 14:49
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
many others have proved that you can take a 200 hour person and put them in a jet and 3-5 years later upgrade them to Captain and the planes don't fall out of the sky.

on an ideal day. I agree. This debate is now coming full circle as I once again assert that the pax expect the chappie in LHS with the gold suit and blue rings will extricate them from the poo when unforeseen circumstances dump them in said poo; and further they expect same said gold ringed chappie to avoid putting them in the poo in the first place, should and ideal perfect day not arise.
All the hi-tech wonders of the modern aviation environment and the most comprehensive SOP's will only get you so far. Often the rest is up to your good self and what nouse you may have; if any.

However, I do, reluctantly and with heavy heart, have to accede to you final point:

The damage is already irreversible.

On here this topic will return ad infinitum and reman ever circular disappearing up its own APU. Only after more smoking holes will anyone pay heed.