PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 19:15
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eindhoven Loads and Top Travel Tips

Bagso / Manfod - Whilst awaiting our departure call near gate 52 I overheard the MAN-EIN POB given as 160. This included 6 crew and 5 babies. I would estimate the load factor on the homeward EIN-MAN leg at around 70-75%. In both cases Dutch speakers seemed to outnumber Brits. Perhaps the route has higher awareness in Holland. I noted afew Dutch Man United fans on the MAN-EIN sector following the Man Utd v Chelsea match the previous day. Several 'van Persie' replica shirts were in evidence; there is also the Dutch link at managerial level now.

On Manfod's second question regarding stand availability, I never had a vantage point which offered a comprehensive overview of stand utilisation. At the terminal gate the large airbridge structures either side obstruct lateral views. And once aboard the aircraft I was seated on the starboard side which offered great views of landing traffic on 23R but not of Terminal 3 itself. The terminal was buzzing, however, with security working flat out to manage the queues.

Aboard both Ryanair sectors I was fortunate to get 3 seats to myself. As seats are now allocated in advance I can no longer blame my natural charm, good looks and wild stare for this. I couldn't even blame those fine aftershaves / colognes available from the not-duty-free trolley. I find that the most effective ones are 'Eau de Sweaty Footballer' from Laboratoire Gargoyle in Salford and 'Essence de Flatulent Boyband' by Maison Simone de Ceauelle. You can buy a 5ml bottle of each and still get change from 100 Euro. Always apply copiously for best results. But keep the zit cream handy for later on. Works for me. Happy travels!

Cheers, SHED.