PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 08:12
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed, many thanks for your usual excellent posts, although your experience of the first Ryanair flight to Eindhoven made for sober reading. A couple of questions if I may: Bagso has already asked about pax loads on your two flights which would be of interest to some of us. Secondly, can we assume that no terminal 3 attached stand, suitable for a B738, was available? It didn't strike me as a time of day that would be particularly busy unless there is a wave of RYR flights.

I also agree that EZY and RYR are potentially the two airlines which are likely to provide MAN with significant growth. So far there is little indication of this happening next summer, although RYR will have the new flights to Eindhoven and Shannon, while EZY just has Madeira which starts in February. Of course, it's still early days and things (hopefully) may change. Limited availability of a/c may be the issue for the latter but not the former, while the lack of overnight space at MAN,as has been said before, would suggest growth may have to come in the immediate future from flights originating from other bases.

It may or may not be significant but I see that Ryanair has chosen LTN rather than STN for its twice daily service from its new base at CPH, which given that airline's heavy focus on STN is something of a surprise. Was CPH one of the routes that Easyjet switched from STN to LTN fairly recently?

As regards the lack of fuel facilities between 23.00 and 05.00, I'm afraid I'm not clear what's being said. Is it just the lack of a tanker for those stands that don't have access to the direct fuel supply, or is it lack of staff to do any refuelling? In the case of the AA90 that was going to divert and then was turned away, didn't they find a suitable stand - the original reason for refusal - but then told the pilot there would be a long wait for fuel rather than no fuel? Anyway, I think you'll find that MAN and the handling agents are reluctant to accept any diversions during the night, be it for lack of fuel, stands or staff.