PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2014, 21:17
Tomo89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Quick question. I would hate to let this rare NTR opportunity pass me by, given that the last time BA opened up for non Airbus/Boeing guys and girls was years and years ago. Now I appreciate I'm at the bottom of the pile when it comes to 'preferred' criteria, I have approx 430hrs on jets. By the end of next month I expect to have near enough 500hrs thus fulfilling the minimum requirements, is it worth/reasonable applying now? If the 500hrs was arbitrarily plucked out of the air then I would understand that they are the requirements they have laid down and that's that. However, BA have made it clear that the 500hrs is there to satisfy the zero hours flight time training requirement, so if I was jammy enough to be offered a job with them, by the time I would start my training there would be no issues as I'm sure after swimming in the hold pool for a while I'd be well on my way to 1000+hrs. Only aspect that makes me uncomfortable is in the preliminary questions it asks if you have the 500hrs and at this moment in time I don't and they make the point of answering honestly blah blah...sorry that wasn't really a quick question as originally stated, but a penny for your thoughts good people? Thanks.