PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2003, 03:14
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Paterbrat: Since they were stopped in the terminal building - glad that ground staff worked so well - we do not know what they might have done.

They might have been discovered before departure by another means.
They might have been capable of flying the machine.
They might not have been able to fly and planning an 'old fashioned' hijack and hostage.
They might have planned to simply crash the machine, rather than into a specific target.

We will never know what they had in mind or what they would have done or what resistence they might have met from crew and pax. It is impossible to say whether they would have succeeded or not. Under questioning, they have the chance to brag about what they were going to do and make out it was a really major event. We do not know and will never find the truth as we shall only hear information that governements want us to hear, since they now control these men.

I did not say that there would not be attempts. I said that there would be:
Yes, there will be some attempts at a/c hi-jacking but I doubt if the big boys will bother for a while.
We do not know if they were 'professionals' such as the 9/11 men or amateurs that have had a good idea and going off on their own without much planning.

However, the fact that they got caught for the (reported) simple reason of acting suspiciously, leads me to think that they were not the professional sort who succeeded so spectacularly on 9/11 and to whom I was referring.

So, I don't think that you can claim that a 'casual dismissal' that I did not make has been confounded. As you can see from my words, I specifically said that there would be more amateur attacks on a/c. Sadly, I was proved correct all to soon.