PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet
Thread: Cityjet
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 19:44
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Interesting. But wouldn't VLM want to go back to doing the scheduled services it used to do pre-WX? If so, what is left of WX? It's little more than the old VLM plus Dublin and a bit of Cardiff as far as I can see.
Well, WX hasn't even kept all of the old VLM. It's inherited VLM's LCY-AMS and LCY-RTM routes, at least until the KLM pilot unions flex their muscles and demand that they be operated on Cityhopper Embraers as the price of some other concession. I'd guess that a future VLM scheduled network at Antwerp would include LCY-ANR in some sort of codeshare with WX. What else is left? Impending carnage on DUB-LCY, plus a limited-duration ACMI deal with Air France. Cardiff uses a VLM aircraft and is not material for Cityjet. There just isn't much there there in terms of a profitable, sustainable network that'd justify refleeting. I note that management had talked about announcing a new fleet decision about a month ago, but that's come and gone. While I wish Cityjet (or any airline) well, I just don't see how they can make the numbers add up to justify a new fleet.