PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 28th Oct 2014, 10:57
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
sonas, are you sure?

Here is an example of a typical MRT full of experienced people talking about the change in aeronautical support.
Privatising search-and-rescue service and closing bases 'will cost lives' | Politics | The Guardian

Here is an example of another MRT full of experienced people wanting a helicopter based in a location with very poor aeronautical conditions and no existing aeronautical infrastructure.
Fresh plea for rescue chopper | Lochaber News | News

Here is the Scottish Government sounding off about the change.
SNP condemn search-and-rescue helicopter changes - The Scotsman

In contrast, here is a BBC article based on a press release from me.
BBC News - Kintail MRT seeks early training with new air rescue crews

Here is the address of the emagazine page of the Scottish Mountain Rescue website
http://www.mountainrescuescotland.org/online-casbag/
where you will find articles written by me about the new service appearing at p6 of Edn 28, p16 of Edn 31 and p21 of Edn 34.

Explain to us how "This has the makings of a world-class service" is driving a wedge?

Explain to us how "this is the first entirely planned aeronautical search and rescue service for the UK" is negative or disrespectful.

What probably sums up the whole thing is the photo on page 7 of Edition 28 of Casbag showing a well know winchy hauling me into CG100 that is captioned "Your new best friend".

============

Crab, crews are half-expecting to be operating out of Inverness in S-92 at first. Some people even suspect that your pals will get the first AW189 at St Athan.

Last edited by jimf671; 28th Oct 2014 at 11:40.