PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2014, 08:26
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While in nostalgic mood, didn't SQ operate one-stop via India for a short period?

As for AI, did they fly non-stop, and was it with an A310? I know they had flown to BHX with a B707, a flight that occasionally diverted to MAN.

Anyway, let's hope CX are here for the long term. I seem to recall the previous service was pulled at the time of a pilots' strike but that may not have been the reason for their going.

I take LN-KGL's point. Asia needs to be more clearly defined as it's a huge continent.

As regards media coverage of new routes, I think Bagso's general point is valid and CX was rather more the exception than the rule in terms of wider advertising. It has been suggested previously on here before that it's really an airline's responsibility to advertise its services and there is obviously an issue for the airport if there is already a carrier on a route. However, I don't see why the airport shouldn't seek maximum coverage for a brand new route - SV to Jeddah and MS to Cairo were probably fair examples when more could have been done, (and could still be done, especially if MS returns) maybe in conjunction with the airline.