PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate EBA 2014
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2014, 11:29
miss my C152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After looking at the "offer" from the company to the Eastern's guys and gals, I may be corrected, but this is the way I see it.

Pay freeze for 18 months (to pay for Alan J's huge huge bonus he awarded to himself last week???)

No overnight allowances

Fatigue Management

Firstly, the overnight allowance withdrawal threat is a scam. Round 2 will see them back off as this was always the plan. They will want us to be SOOO grateful for that, leaving something there that was already in there for a very time anyway. Psychology 101.

These people in HR running this EBA negotiation show have zero interest in the long term viability of Q. It is just a greedy game. If they manage to fu[k us in the ar$e, they will no doubt get a 50k bonus. Happy days and then they go off to work at Macquarie Bank or somewhere else of equal low morals.

But the rest us, the 80% of us employees that love this company, employees that go the extra mile, employees that believe in this company, are expected to sign a document that greatly decreases our pay and lifestyle to fund the bonus of these low lifes.

The facts are, the following companies pay more than the D8 QL people for the same size equipment.

VARA + 5%

Skywest + 8%

Air Nuigini (Aust based) + 15%

But the D8 QL are now expected to effectively take a pay cut???

How does 5 + 3 + 3 sound, just to bring us in line with fellow colleagues.

What? 18 month pay freeze? Better make it 9.5 + 3 + 3 then.

What? No overnights? Better make 14 + 3 + 3 then.

What? Fatigue Management? You mean I will have to work 10% more hrs in a year.

Better make it 20 + 3 + 3 then.

Anything less, in real terms, means you will work for less money in 2016 than you did in 2013.

Of course, all of this is up for negotiation, apparently???? and the above numbers are no doubt on the top end, but still realistic. It is called an EBA Negotiation for a reason - it is supposed to a negotiation. Unfortunately, so far, the Company is just taking the piss.

There is certain reason a large chunk of Drivers enjoy flying regional for a third of the coin that our brothers at International get paid. No doubt, it is more satisfying flying than long haul. Then there is the lifestyle factor that is certainly under threat. Being away from home on 3 -7 nights a month and almost always single nights is good for the home life. Another family bonus of this is the fact the wife can still have a job. This may be a requirement for many due to the fact the wages are not as high for Regional flying.

Optimiser has ruined this aspect to a certain extent.

Throw in Fatigue Management and less money, in real terms and there really isn't any point in working there anymore?

I am not sure if Management realise but when such a stale turd sandwich is offered as what they consider to be acceptable, it does a lot of damage among the troops. There will always be 10% of drivers who are bitter and twisted. Serve the sandwich and troops realise en masse what Management really thinks of them as a group. Employee engagement is greatly damaged and can be difficult to recover. Motivational Posters in crew rooms of shiny smiling happy people won't cut it.

Maybe they do realise but don't give a stuff. After all, profits come first.

Last edited by miss my C152; 27th Oct 2014 at 22:28.