PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl route
Thread: ppl route
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2014, 22:29
Mach Jump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have done almost 5 hours and now in circuits
Assuming that you have done one session in the circuit, That means that you covered all the pre-circuit exercises in around 4 hours, or even less!

I find it difficult to understand how these exercises can possibly be adequately covered is so little time.

I'm also dismayed to hear that your instructor hasn't given you an overall explanation of the structure of the course, and what is involved in each phase.

To answer your specific question, Your First Solo should consist of just one normal circuit and landing. Before sending you solo, Your instructor should be confident that you can cope with anything that could happen to you during that one circuit, of which engine failure, fire, brake failure, radio failure, and the runway becoming unavailable due to an accident are examples.,

After your First Solo, The next step will be a dual check, followed by an hour of solo circuits, then a series of dual-to-solo circuit sessions, covering all the circuit variations, including flapless, glide, short/soft field, and crosswind t/o and ldgs, with you practicing each variation for about an hour each.

MJ