PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RA and S/O did nothing?
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2014, 14:55
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree completely Lowkoon.

McNugget defends lack of hour, experience and credentials from his iCadet point of view. He agrees in theory with "standards" but is part of the problem. You accept C-Scale and therefore the standards it represents yet want to defend what you contributed to?

I'd be much more in favour of more rigorous sim testing, and a far longer training course. One that would be proficiency based, heavy on practice, rather than ticking boxes.
But if those were the standards at the RECRUITMENT stage then how many iCadets like yourself would have been employed?

Here at CX, we do have some highly capable, highly motivated instructors. It's a shame that these guys aren't given the means to do what is possible. It's the same accross the industry.
And many have stood down from training roles as they see the workload required to train so many of the iCadet generation at CX as not met by management and too great a challenge to too many iCadet SO's to bring to what used to be the standard.

It is only "the same across the industry" when more people accept lower standards in remuneration and experience to accept a job that previously was beyond their reach.

1500 hrs was the magic number due to raw ATP / ATPL requirements (but pre iCadet days CX mins were 1000 hrs TT for DESO's by the way). Due to competition for DESO positions applicants generally needed > 3000 hrs TT including > 1000 hrs twin PIC time, etc.... The recruitment team at CX HR told me face to face that single pilot (night) hours in a twin were regarded far better than the same TT built in 8/8 blue sky in a C152 circuit or training area (i.e., instructing hours). So, no: hours don't necessarily coincide with competence which is why CX used to take this into account. Not anymore when zero hours is the new requirement.

I've been slammed by C-Scalers and others when they say that A-Scale permitted B-Scale to happen and hence I'm a hypocrite to speak out against C-Scale. I disagree, and have always said so. B-Scale DID NOT sink standards down to this extreme level as C-Scale has. Fact.

Sadly and regrettably too many still ask "Who saw this coming??"