PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Rating
Thread: A320 Rating
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2014, 08:01
Alwayswannafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pfvsnpnf,

I have no idea where you are getting that kind of information from. I trained at Pan Am and none of that happened.

Start on the runway? What? We started from cold and dark unless the instructor is satisfied with the cockpit preparations.

If flows are not done to standards by session 2, you cannot progress to full flight sim, so I don't know where your getting that idea from.

Memory items are checked on both the oral and on the checkride (mine was changed a bit from rapid depressurization to cargo fire) and circling approach is drilled to death over and over both to me, and my partner, and I did two circlings on my checkride. So maybe whoever you are getting the information from could have gotten a bad apple from Pan Am.

And that bit about getting more sim that from Airbus again not true, my friend went to airbus and he got 4 hours less than I did with Pan Am, and that's Toulouse.

Granted Pan Am's management is atrocious but its instructor (the one that I know) more than make up for it. Anyone going to Pan Am I strongly recommend Santiago Ferro, ex 747 SIA capt, now he'll train you to standards and beyond