PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 19th Oct 2014, 21:16
Norma Snockers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P3, did I say the captains could decide what category a job was and turn it down? No, what I did say is that iif the job is NOT given an "emergency/life saving" tag by ARCC/CG then they ARE bound by CAA regs (as per the S92 only being able to take 9 pax at a time, cos the pax HAVE to have seats) I know that if it had been classed as an essential downgrade, they could have sat people on the floor, but it wasn't and so they were hampered by the rules. No wonder crab gets frustrated, people jump on him for having an opinion, but read there own take on it instead of reading what he actually says.
And LZ, Yes the CG do go and take people of the rigs, but if you speak to the crews at Boulmer and Lossiemouth, they can provide you with details of jobs that they have been asked to do because the civvies wouldn't (because the casualty, who is not life critically threatened can't get an immersion suit on and so they cannot fly them under CAA rules)
The CG will provide a very good service, but will they do EVERYTHING that is being done now, (I like to hope so, but only time will tell).

Last edited by Norma Snockers; 19th Oct 2014 at 21:39.