PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2014, 10:24
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no issue with Heathrow attempting to market their services in the NWest, its no different to MAG advertising on the London Underground, I do however see it as something of a failure of communication on MAGs part that this organisation seemingly sees Heathrow as the natural entry/exit point for the UK.

Billboards in Yorkshire and Midlands, great but if you are unable to garner automatic support in what is after all your core market, well to me this does suggest something is amiss re communication !

New routes to BRIC destinations are fine, BUT are well down the track in terms of priority for NWest Business ! The President of said Chamber(Pots) would have been well advised to use this opportunity to canvass for new routes to India and dare I say it China for his members from Manchester than speculative routes to Brazil, Nigeria etc in 15 years time !

FairDealFrank

Always enjoy your posts and you are clearly as passionate a supporter of Heathrow as I am with regard Manchester !

There is a constant theme of connectivity to the regions which LHR also champion in there adverts.

Given that Virgin have just axed various "trunk" routes to Heathow where does that leave the domestic connectivity debate ?

Do we assume that this connectivity has to be introduced by BA ?

Are they going to invest in a short haul fleet on what to me appears to be a punt ?

They seem lukewarm with regards to RW3 anyway as their market share generally will reduce considerably, what we have we hold might be the mantra, so who exactly picks up that mantle, FlyBe or a new entrant ?

And what of these "unserved regions"

Liverpool - KLM connected a "Global hub" 3 times day recently , the service last barely 18 months.

Teeside - Do you go head to head with KLM ? Given that the cost base does not support charters, it does beg the question as to the long term viability of even this route, so would LHR be dooable ?

Humberside - Again do you go head to head with KLM ?

Your thoughts ?