PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 19:37
2Planks

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
He spoke well in Parliament, even a railway station at the closest point on the current line would be good with a regular shuttle. However at a quoted cost of £98m I think it may be a while.
Look North made a big deal about the proximity of motorways to EMA and MAN. But with MAN, coming from the east its the M62/60 combo which makes it such an unpredictable journey time for me. I know Leeds will be slowish (from York) but there are a number of routes of a similar time.
But what I couldn't get my head around was the phone number passenger forecast figures - where are they going to put all the ac to achieve this? AIUI LBA is running close to capacity in the summer - are they going to build a super ramp over the longstay car park or take over the Multi Flight area??
As for the airport experience I prefer Leeds to Manchester (unless I have to travel by train) - its smaller and friendlier. (Its 3 years since I used EMA and at that time it was a dump - especially in the rain and a 400m walk to Passport Control)
Oh and as for a PlayStation and Kids toys in the Premier lounge - to me that's not a lounge. I pay for quiet and the chance to work and I do not want to be disturbed by kids larking around whilst their parents pre-load.