PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 21st May 2003, 10:45
clearance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two years ago I spoke to and emailed Dan Tyler regarding setting up a "West Australian Chapter" for the 'HAA', at the time I was an AFAP Branch Committee member (representing the Rotory Wing 'RW' sector) and a member of the Airspace Advisory committee for WA and very much interested in development of same. After a brief chat and one or two emails I received an email that read 'At this time we believe we have adequate representation in WA for the HAA'... Oh I thought? that's strange I didn;t know of any?

At that time I had been in the RW industry for 14 years, worked all over Aus, and in my opinion I could offer not only a bit of experience but enthusiasm and membership support.

In 4 years of operationg in the Perth/Metro area for a large commercial company/operator I did not once here about or know of ANY HAA representation/interest over there.

The only reason I joined the AFAP in the first place was beacause the HAA was an absoulute joke at representing the RW Industry, the only thing that they represented was the names mentioned above...

PS: I rejoined the HAA early last year in order to show my support and as they say "put up or shut up". I can say that - nothing has changed! hence I have not renewed my subs this year.

Wonder why there are few "New Young Oz Achievers"? Or at least those who will put in time for the industry that gives them an income and a future