PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 16:58
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like some peoples fears are being realised (ie MAN flights going through, then MAG dangling STN in front of the airlines too)

Dangling ? .....I could think of another term. It won't be dangling it will be incentivising on behalf of the greater good of the Group is that what they call it Skip ?

If they are doing this with Hainan it is almost 100% certain that the same type of thing is happening with other airlines.

What kind of market do we now operate ?

"buy one (Manchester) get one (Stansted) free".

Personally, (only my opinion) I'm appalled, although i'm sure Skippy will immediately suggest that's how business operates, i'm sure it is and no doubt our local shareholders will not give a damn who operates where as long as they get their nice slice of that lucrative divi'.

On a commercial level yes, of course I'm sure it all makes complete and perfect sense, but sorry I make no apologies.

STN might contribute to economies of scale blah, blah, blah but it contributes not one iota of worth to the options for the travelling public in the North Of England although I am sure the present management would provide P+Ls and a Balance Sheet that will tell a different story.

As Jim Royal might say

"Stansted ? ............................My ****"