PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 16:56
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flamed for a typo, oh the shame!

Ironically the redundancies in the military in the early 1990's were primarily politically led cost cutting exercises and the RAF/FAA/AAC were soft targets. Nothing to do with pilots who became managers, more to do with the constant head banging inter service rivalry and petty politics of MOD Whitehall. The farce that was the Sea Harrier/GR 9 withdrawal from service is a prime example. Run by accountants for accountants until they got the bill for operating out of Italy during Libya! But I digress.

I'm not deriving all the negatives I am merely trying to ascertain why you have such a vitriolic hatred for a system that you are neither part of nor have the power or position to influence.

It is what it is and seems to have served BA well. Former colleagues of mine have passed and enjoyed their time in BA and some have failed and taken it on the chin and progressed. That's it. Not worth all the heartbeats.

If you have a better system then I'm sure the manager Recruiting would be happy to hear it, he reads all this gumpf as far as I know.