PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 16:22
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all revisable, believe me. And that's why crap gets in and good guys don't.
Must be my doddery old way of interpreting things but it seems pretty clear cut to me as I appear to have 'got in'. Oh well, irrelevant.

I love your 'latency of error' quip. Recruitment works for Training. If Training weren't happy with the quality of product, as you seem to ascertain that you know better than the recruitment Manager does, then they would lean on 'Recruitment' don't you think?

As for the managers and military analogy, that I do find interesting. Are you ex-military? Can you back up your statement? I have a very good friend of mine is a long way up in military aviation command (flag rank) and, knowing him as well as I do, I would find exception with you statement. If the recruiters want to watch for the potential for management that's up to them. Your career path and choice through BA are your own once you've jumped through the hoops.

A good analogy is that I have a nice car that will quite easily do 150mph plus. It stops on a sixpence too (5p for the young 'uns). I would love to drive it at those speeds but the danged DFT have these ludicrous rules in place that I have to restrict myself to 70mph. I can blow hot air all over the DFT all day long and they won't listen it's their train set and they will implement what they want. It was my choice to by the vehicle knowing I would only be able to drive it at those speeds on the road. Sometimes it's a battle just not worth pursuing.

Enjoy Easyjet, I'll always give you a cheerful wave when I'm doing a Gatwick trip to the Caribbean, Maldives or Mauritius.

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 15th Oct 2014 at 16:35.