PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 14:06
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't think that a training company coaching their guys with the actual software is a level of support not available to others.
Sorry, my old brain can't quite comprehend the point you're trying to make there. Are you referring to the FPP cadets? If so, it's a different system. As for the computer based testing, it's available all over the web if you know where to look.

The entire recruitment process is 'trainable', same as flying training is 'trainable' same as your sim checks are 'trainable' you just have to achieve it in the manner and the time frame the employer requires. I don't see the point? Preparation is key to any interview. Do your homework, work out what the employee wants and then give it to them. What is your point? Everyone going into the process has the same set of tests levied against them. Either you pass it or don't. If you've practiced, read and brushed up on some relevant questions, well done. If not and you want to 'wing it' why not, give it a go. It is all your own choice.

BA is full of opportunities. They are not to every ones taste but they are there. Short Haul, Long Haul, Command, Management, Training etc. The recruitment process looks at you as a whole and the future possibility of you in Command or potentially in a management role. Those reading who have done a command course know what the lessons from group exercises brings. Nurture and guide to a resolution if needed, be firm when necessary and take on board and evaluate suggestions. Finally decide on a course of action based upon the information given. Sound familiar to the day job? Autocrats tend to be a pain in the neck to fly with whatever seat you happen to sit in.

BA short haul is going through pain at the moment as it tries to adjust as a business. Oddly enough not unlike the pain that Easy Jet went through around 2010. The difficulties are that BA is a much older company and the SH feeds the LH. It makes the cost base comparison difficult. It will be sorted out but it will take some give and take from both sides.

As a friend of mine from Easy Jet pointed out when I last saw him at LGW he was tired and frustrated and wondered occasionally if he could just once get off the jet and have a look around some of the places he was ferrying people to.

There are pluses and minuses on both sides of the coin. The simple fact is that the recruitment process is open and fair and produces a product that the training department, as the customer for recruitment, is happy with with very few failures.

If it's not for you then don't apply and leave the bandwidth for those who want to.

Nice to know I'm considered the 'C**p' now for not touching my face in a meeting!

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 15th Oct 2014 at 14:36.