PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 05:17
Colin Occupants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would Emirates want to add an Aberdeen leg onto their Newcastle service? I cannot see the sense in that - it would miss the current connecting banks and take a lot of additional aircraft time for very little return. It won't happen.

Why would cargo opportunities be better at Aberdeen than at Newcastle? Don't tell me Seafood and Scotch which, one assumes, is already being carried out of Glasgow?
Oil industry equipment mainly with both Aberdeen and Dubai being large hubs for the oil industry and just about every oil service company having workshops in both cities.

Seafood and Scotch didn't enter my mind, but now you mention it, it would also be extra capacity on top of the Glasgow flights. I can't imagine they get too many pallets of Newcastle Brown Ale on the existing NCL flights.

If they could pick up enough passengers and cargo stopping off at Aberdeen to cover the costs of doing so, I would suspect that it may interest them as not only will it bring back many customers they previously had in and around the city, it may also draw customers along the east coast away from Qatar/EY at Edinburgh.

Then again, it may not give them any financial benefit, and the NCL loads might be strong enough as it is, but overall, still more viable than a dedicated DXB-ABZ service.