PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 17:20
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand Manfods point, on the face of it yes lax is 100% correct its all good news, pax up 5%, 5 or 6 new routes next year, what on earth is the problem ?

Well on the US front leisure pax will I'm sure use the new TCX US services BUT business most certainly will not and quite frankly these should be an as well as, not an instead of, for an airport that has such high aspirations peddled by the marketeers within Airport City !

I notice to that the increase is being put down to #flymanchester, again....

Of course that helps and I for one keep banging on about getting the message out, there is life outside London. On that basis i can hardly complain but just maybe a general improvement in the economy might have more than a lot to do with such increases ! The hysteria in the media and Government re ebola seemingly ONLY affecting pax coming through LHR LGW and Eurostar is a sad but factual analysis of the none recognition of airports outside the South East !

On the theme of Airport City the initial marketing suggested this would be the largest building site in the UK, is it me or have they put all the spades away ?

To the South DHL and the access road appears complete but all the diggers appear to have packed up and gone home.

Last edited by Bagso; 14th Oct 2014 at 17:40.