PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 10:40
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are, by there own admission a vulture fund and their input into Comet Electrical and Riley Snooker suggests they may be in it for a short term gain.
It will be interesting to see how Greybull steer the airline...

I personally think the airline will be stripped of much of its assets. For example Cosmos/Avro tour operations and Monarch Engineering sold off. Also assets like aircraft, hangars and HQ building if any of this is owned by the airline sold and leased back.

I think the Boeing order will be cancelled and they will make do with the reduced A320/321 fleet for the short term before making a decision.

I also fear if the airline does not return to a profit quickly, it will be shut down or sold off to a competitor!

It does make me wonder if the airline will be primed for a merger in the longer term once overheads are dramatically reduced, for example to the likes of easyJet, with a compatible fleet, additional slots at LGW and MAN. Also offering them a ready made base at Birmingham and a new larger HQ building in Luton.

I'll be shot down for been the doomsday mongerer, but I think people need to realise Greybull are not the knight in shining armour, many think they are. They only takeover a business if a fast buck can be made, and the airline industry is not a place you come to get rich quickly!

Last edited by gilesdavies; 14th Oct 2014 at 10:55.