PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2014, 14:34
Freq El Al Passenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully other carriers will follow suit, perhaps targeting other communities within the catchment, including Pakistani and Indian?
I think flights to India and Pakistan are far less likely. These destinations are true long haul destinations with prices and flight times to match. These two communities are, as a whole, far less affluent than the Jewish community and they'll also be facing stiff competition from the Gulf carriers and others. Visa limitations mean there'll be minimal traffic in the other direction.

LTN-TLV really is a unique route. In fact it's such a perfect match I'm amazed it took until 2009 to be "discovered".

During Jewish holiday periods, as well as the extra capacity being offered by El Al, we also see a number of other carriers popping up, like Jet2, Sun D'Or and Israir. Are these charter flights being operated by a local Jewish travel agency or are they flying on behalf of El Al to fill seating capacity demand their own fleet can't meet?
I didn't realise these carriers have been flying LTN-TLV recently. But I should imagine Sun D'Or and Israir are more likely catering to charter demand from the Israeli end. What aircraft did you see operating?