PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2014, 10:43
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it comes to faith, your evangelical support of Heathrow is laudable, the problem is you consistently provide a raft of forensic evaluation in relation to Manchester whilst being highly selective when it comes to a fuller evaluation down South.
For example? If you can quote where I have unfair by all means give an example, you might be right, but I can't comment until you give me one. btw I am a supporter of British aviation having one hub airport and that happens to be LHR, it's a necessary evil, not my favourite team.
There seems to be an awful lot of “build and be damned” rhetoric, based on looking backwards when infact what you should be doing is actually looking forward !
How many new runways have been built in the places the market wants? Terminals? In the period since 1980? If that was build and be damned it passed me by....
What of the monumental increases of passenger flows to other mega hubs from secondary airports in both UK and indeed the EEC.
What of it? It has made getting from A to B going East a one stop option rather than a two stop one, however for world cities on a one stop basis from MAN, using LHR is still an option. The skewed competitive nature and the regimes supporting the ME3 are a discussion for another time.
Is LHR the still the airport of choice, West maybe but East ?
Not "the" but still one of many like AMS with KLM, FRA with LH, ZRH with LX, CDG with AF. This is competitve nature of market economics.
What about "trends" and the impact of possible even larger super Hubs at Istanbul and Dubai. These may well impact our "new" direct routes Hong Kong , China etc BUT will they not effect LHR as well ?
Yes, they will.
What about capacity constraints in the South East that will be imposed by a 3 runway at Heathrow, this will actually decrease overall movements in the South East that is a fact put forward by NATS, where does the other traffic go ?
NATS have already run the simulations and whilst there will be changes, it's not going to be closing Gatwick or forcing stacks for Luton or Stansted unless you know something they missed.
The impact of ALL such factors deserves discussion, a sense of balance using your aviation background would just occasionally benefit the debate !
Yup maybe, but not on here. In other news, MAN-CLT isn't coming back next year as American look to synergise benefits with the US merger. As predicted sadly, but an opportunity to stop fannying about with loyal customers using MAN-ORD or is that extended suspension a clue where ORD might be headed in favour of focussing on PHL and JFK?

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 13th Oct 2014 at 11:05.