PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate EBA 2014
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2014, 12:29
Ned Gerblansky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vote with your common sense!

Well said BB,

this EBA is about shoring up your rights and entitlements, and you are one of the last CAO 48 people that have that enshrined in their EBA. Don't lose it - it is gold. If the company wants to introduce FMSs, that is between them and CASA. You guys get to benefit both ways; FMS says you can't fly - you can't fly. CAO 48 says you can't fly - you can't fly. They disagree? You can't fly.

Next time you have an early sign-on, look for the off-going JetShaft crew. Do you want to be like zombies?

Download and read the Fair Work Act - it's just like CARs, and if you can't read them, then you shouldn't be where you are. The LAW is the over-riding thing here, and the LAW says that you cannot be disadvantaged unless you agree to it. Draw a line in the sand behind your current EBA, and then get better pay and conditions.

Always remember, from the FWA commissioners' viewpoint, if you vote UP an EBA then that is a show that the majority 100% support it. If you support it less than 100%, vote no.

Qantas can be taken on - I've done it and won. Just remember "yes" means 100% committal and agreeance from you and your (future) family. NO means I'm not totally happy.

Good Luck all, I think you need to think hard on this,

Ned