PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Some Seasoned Insight? Networking..
Old 9th Oct 2014, 10:39
Exiled Martian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 'up norf' do a very good Pilot Apprentice scheme! Also they employ seasonal folk in ground positions by the coach load, have a look at what's on offer for Summer 2015!
I looked on their page & sadly the scheme is closed for now, I put myself down for any future alerts from them & yes I haven't ruled out anything mate. Beggars can't be choosers so as far as preference goes I will fly SEP,MEP,TP, JET, ROCKET you name it

In fact I just recently got wind that a mate of mine (distant associate more like) has managed to score a gig with the Jersey boys (& girls). I'm rather envious of the slippery Dash adventures that await him. Oh well...lady luck & all that malarkey definitely had an intervention at some point as this chap couldn't handle the characteristics of a Grob 115 amicably. I'm sure I'll get a gloat filled postcard from Exeter from him sometime soon Appreciate the well wishes JB, thanks

The basic skill is to be a real people person, never moan, be everyone's best mate, hang out in places where important people hang out and make yourself useful.
Roger that LST & very true, I've been told that I possess a very eccentric social personality & would be a joy to fly with, so you are right in that sense. Being myself has won me a fair share of PAX moments with the novice hour building brigade, sadly still yet to occupy the RHS in GA for some form of monetary reimbursement

Thanks for sharing your Kiwi Bar tale, it truly is amazing how far innocent vocal chit chat can take you. Your FI advised seems to hit the nail on the head as far answering my question goes. Spoke to my FI (He is now CFI/HOT) at length last weekend trying to liaise MCC dates amongst other things, and he 'nearly' did a better job than yourself at getting me to pursue an FI rating next. I don't know if this was just me, but the conversation had alot of positive undertones of a job promise at the ATO....or maybe I was just trying to read alil too much between the lines

As soon as I have enough spare £££££ at the ready, I will most definitely go for my FI rating & further burden myself with this ' wither'ing wallet syndrome' disease..seems like its terminal in aviation!

To conclude LST (& the others) thanks, for your words of encouragement, wisdom & advice in this time of personal despair. I'm sure someone somewhere out there will entrust me to prove my self worth in a shiny pressurised tube someday....

Last edited by Exiled Martian; 9th Oct 2014 at 11:36.