PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 09:59
mesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are! We received Monarch titled notice advising of positions with email to send CV too. All that needs to be done is see if you pass the ridiculous tests, the CV with why you want to work for them, pass the group hug exercise and move to LGW....the Monarch guys must be falling over themselves to apply I wouldn't get too worried about these Monarch Scabs nicking your jobs lads. A few want to get out but I think you are miss reading the situation with us at the moment. If you are a recent Cpt that is about to be put in the RHS then you don't have the LHS time to apply, so that's them out. Then you move up to the next lot of Cpts that have kept their command. Most have been with Monarch over 8 years and the new deal actualy gives them a pay rise so they are going to stay and see what happens. Then you get into the more senior Cpts who are taking a pay cut. However the pay cut is for a PYW contract and most of them were part time. They will either work more or take the hit because they are financially ok by now and they certainly whont move to an airline that will work them into an early grave. Then the rest are 53 plus when the pension makes their minds up for them. These poor buggers need to make big bucks and quick to get the pension up or pay the house off. Easy, Monarch, Jet 2 couldnt help them in a month of Sundays. If they go it will be to the sand pit or China for obvious reasons. To conclude, I recon about 10-20 of the Cpts that hold onto their commands may apply and a fraction may move if given the job so this conspiracy theory that 100's will flock is utter . If Monarch goes completely down the pan then absolutely, they will apply but at the moment as hard as you may find it to believe if you asked the 8 year Cpt who will move on to circa 93k for part year working if they are applying for Easy they will laugh and go no thanks.....

Ps Having said all of that I personally think they would be mad not to go for it. I have zero faith in us staying around for the future and I believe you should get out and cover all bases. Some of our colleages have a belief it will all be ok and the company will grow......I hope it does for them but I will not be around to see it.....