PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is moncton flight college?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 22:43
North Shore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trouble with asking questions like this, is that you'll get 2 basic answers - people who have had a great experience, and will tell you it's the best place since Kitty Hawk, and those who have had a poor experience, and think that they shouldn't even be allowed to play with paper aeroplanes.
The truth, as always, will lie somewhere between these extremes..

Do you know anyone in Bangladesh who has come to Canada to train? Where did they go, and what was their experience?

I would imagine that you will have some cultural differences, so does the school have any experience dealing with Bangladeshi students? Do they have someone on staff who can speak your language? ( I spent some time over the last two winters teaching students whose first language was not English, and it would have been very useful, at times, to have someone nearby who could have explained things in their language.)

I would imagine that you are spending a fair amount of your hard-earned money to come and live here, above the costs of flight training, so have a look at the weather patterns at Moncton. How many flyable days are there during the winter? While you are learning, you don't have to fly every day, but having periods of time wher you don't fly for a week because of weather is no good either. Saving yourself two or three months of living costs because you are finished your licence earlier is a good thing...

Lastly, DO NOT PAY MONEY UP FRONT!!!! Ther have been a few instances of students coming to Canada to learn to fly, putting their money on account with their school, only to have the school go bankrupt, and their money disappear. Pay as you go, cash, credit, or debit.

Good luck! Study and work hard, and you'll do well...