PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2014, 20:14
Freq El Al Passenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Hello, long time lurker, first time poster)

That's actually a very nice video, even if they did manage to make our "Israeli Visitor" look like a stereotypical Mossad operative. Luton were clearly pretty chuffed with their shiny new full service El Al TLV route back then weren't they? Strange and a shame it has only a few hundred views on a shell of a Luton Airport Youtube account.

I'm not so sure it's that economical with the truth. Just "rose tinted." Whenever I've arrived through Luton I've always wizzed through immigration and baggage has always arrived speedily, though last time the escalators on the way were out of order. Note our "Israeli Visitor" was hand-luggage only which sped things up.

Can't vouch for the train as I always arrive by car.

Perhaps El Al passengers just get better treatment because the airline does exceptional things like pay for an appropriate number of check-in desks and priority security. Or maybe El Al just schedules itself at a time when the airport isn't a complete shambles.

The biggest oversight is the failure to mention the mandatory lengthy El Al interrogation and potential cavity search in the room to the right of the gate. I am a young male traveling alone and always look like a right bum when I fly so I always get pulled aside for an extra check.

I didn't know about the El Al executive lounge though. Do they actually have their own or do they just fence off part of the Servisair one?