PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 4th Oct 2014, 18:15
NavyTorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moose Audits

Yep Moose because you make comments out of context….

Bristow's currently employ 5 crewmen in UK SAR who had NO Military SAR Background….. All of these guys are extremely competent crewmen introduced to SAR through DevA LimSAR Global operations. They also employ a number of other non-military SAR Crewmen.

The LimSAR roles for which DevA is looking for Paramedics is in Eastern Europe where they currently use non-paramedic non aircrew (of any experience) down on the wire ……. DevA have introduced structured training of the locals rather than just attaching them to the wire as has been the case for many years…. DevA have offered the first batch of trainees to be English speaking paramedics….. this overcomes the issue of language and introduces an important skill set to the Sar helicopter….. medical qualification.

LimSAR (Unfortunate use of the name) is used more and more by oil companies to provide a "Duty of Care" to crew change helicopter operations - in fact look up the excellent article recentlypublished in RotorHub that outlines the role and the very limited challenge presented to crews in the event of emergencies on LimSAR operations ie if there is poor weather / rough seas - the crew change helicopter isn't flying…….hence no need for SAR!

DevA provides aircrew whose experience is matched to the role required and in addition to 4000 man shifts covered in UK SAR over the past 8 years DevA successfully provided 100% manning (3000 man shifts) to the recent CHC SAR Ireland Transition and currently provides nearly 50% of the aircrew manning to CHC SAR UK (Portland and Lee) and contract S92 SAR Commanders in Ireland.

I am sorry but you have criticised Bristows, you are wrong to do that because they have very successfully taken non-aircrew for direct entry into SAR Crewmen - and pilots for that matter……. you have NO firsthand knowledge of Bristow SAR - I do - you have no commercial flying experience except that opportunity given to you by DevA……. and you were given direction by Glenn Holmes as the DevA company trainer and internal auditor - now we can air his findings on here as well if you wish…..

I don't have to have the last word….. except I cannot accept incorrect or misleading comments just to "Have a Go"

You know who I am and I know who you are so PM me if you have any issues concerning DevA operations or any areas that you feel that they can improve on then contact them…..or PM me?

Regards