PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2014, 18:02
McTeir396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aberdeen punters have both INV, EDI and I suppose GLA in easy reach and with flights normally significantly cheaper from the big central belt airports in particular many travel south to catch a flight. Its pretty similar to what happens with the estimated 800k a year punters who travel from the central belt to MAN for cheaper flights. So as I said I believe they do remarkable well in attracting airlines which support the oil industry but getting a airline to base a fleet of aircraft to operate Euro routes will always prove difficult as the airlines will look at demand and yield and although they might get the yield I think the central belt airports will continue to entice Aberdeen locals south which will soften the demand on any EU routes. If EZY can base an aircraft in LTN and it can fly four Euro routes a day and get good yield and demand why would they put that expensive unit to ABZ to get two euro routes per day with good yield but poor demand. Simple aviation economics and new management will simply not make any significant change to its fortunes IMO.