PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Some Seasoned Insight? Networking..
Old 2nd Oct 2014, 15:35
Exiled Martian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeking Some Seasoned Insight? Networking..

Greetings Fellow Sky Dwellers / Serial High Altitude Tea Sippers!

Not sure If I'm posting in the right sub-forum....anyway I'm sure what I'm about to pose has been regurgitated to no end on here, so here is my attempt in trying to seek guidance/advice from like minded strangers

My Background;

26 year olld freshly qualified Modular Pilot (Got my CPL/IR - MCC pending) who has been through the trenches of trying to juggle full time employment & flight training for the better part of the last two years & boy was it a tough hill to clamber, but I'm finally over (with the exception of MCC due to complete hopefully back end of October 2014). FWIW I had to do it the hard way as the bank of Mom & Dad was dodo status (non existent) as far as my situation went.

We all know the consequences of chasing a childhood career dream the 'hard way'. I'm sure some of you can relate to that anguished demoralising feeling of doing all that late night distance learning ATPL's after an honest days slog day in day out! The discipline & commitment needed to persevere ALL the obstacles thrown at you in this predicament should be compared to the likes of overcoming some serious Herculean strength feats!

Anyway enough with the whimsical wordplay. So here am in the midst of CV compilations & I could really use some pivotal insight/advice in how to go about securing a future that at some point will involve a RHS in it! Been consulting Google all from the confines of my day job for weeks on end & I must admit the results are not exactly giving me a healthy amount of reassurance at the potential aspect of securing employment! Its like my ears are proving to be rather deceitful by fooling me into believing there are doors creaking for me to get my foot in! But when I try the bolts come on

Anyway I have been lurking Pprune for the better part of my late teens/ early twenties & have truly seen some awesome gems being dropped from some of the more prominent board members on here, & on that very note I'm hoping for 'Direct To' Magenta style Guidance if possible.....Just how does ONE go about trying to get known/ be noticed in the industry by the right people, in the hopes of being given a chance to demonstrate the required traits in exchange for a salary yielding seat in the sky & chance to reside where clouds compulsively fornicate

Thanking you in advance for taking time out to read this long winded passage of desperate text