PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2014, 16:09
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This outfit buying Monarch are opportunist/venture capitalist, we have a distressed owner that wants rid (fact) a well known brand (fact) moving into a market they don't know (fact) from a market they did know (fact) they have presented the employee's with a business plan that cuts their T&C"s by 30% in the vain hope that it will save the airline, it won't, it just allows the owners to sell/transfer the business to GB in a certain condition.

Monarch will loose a stack of cash over the winter (fact) and pilots (fact)

If i was running GB (not ZB ) i would line up a sale for MAEL and slots at LGW and pocket the money, i would not piss it into the wind trying to take on the likes of EZ/FR/DY these people are ordering/have aircraft on order in the magnitude of 100's not 30 aircraft, from what i hear DY plan to have 30 aircraft at LGW alone in 5 years plus BHX & MAN Easy have 40 in LGW now.

This looks like bmi all over again, but this time the owner isn't standing behind them, the DOT (trade not transport) should launch an immediate enquiry into transfer pricing between Monarch and its oversea's owners especially if the PFP is going to pick up the tab........