PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl license questions
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 20:07
dagowly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get the feeling you haven't done any real research. This should all be covered by your instructor and in your exam prep. You mention in a previous thread that there are 8 exams, there infact 9 plus an aural RT exam. After you've done all that plus all the syllabus you take a skills test with a CAA approved examiner.

Until you have your ppl with appropriate rating in your hand you will not be able to take passengers. It is down to the specific club whether or not you get charged solo or instructor rates, for example every time I went for a solo flight during my ppl I was charged the lower rate.

You must seek PPR (this is covered in your ground school for nav) before flying to another airfield unless you're flying already and declare an emergency.

In terms of hiring an aircraft after you have gained your license, you should only be charged the hours you have flown the aircraft.

One tip I would always give, and I know it can't suit everyone's budget, but try and do as much training in short time as possible. Ie do a weeks worth of instruction and flying, take a few weeks break then carry on. I managed to complete my ppl in 3 months taking a week out of each month to continue the course. It means minimal skill fade and you won't be revising previous lessons.

Best of luck with it, but I would really speak to your instructor for him to explain all this in detail.