PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl license questions
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2014, 23:05
stranger12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppl license questions

hi all,

I have couple of questions as follow:

I am currently doing my ppl and so far have done few hours now my questions are :

1.after going solo which my instructor told me it will be in 2-3 hours, can I simply hire and build hours or still need to hire at the price of instruction rate even when the instructor is not with me ?

2. once I pass my license and can hire airplanes, most places qoute on hourly cost , so considering a £160 per hour for a c172 , if hired for 24 hours the cost will be significant while you may be only flying for 1/2 hours. so for instance flying for leisure , i want to go to france which takes me 1 hour to get there and might be there for a day before returning so in total 2 hours of flying but 2 days . so do i need to pay £160 * 48 or *2 ?

3.when you land on other airports, do you have to give them advance notifications or do you just enter the space and request landing ?

4.if anything goes wrong with the plane while you are away from the rental base, whose resposibility is it to get it back? for instance technical failure that costs 2k , i shouldn't be responsibile , should i?

5.when doing solo , can you take a friend with you or should be on your own ?