PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing/conditions, and progression beyond
Old 27th Sep 2014, 13:37
taxistaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructing/conditions, and progression beyond

Hi all,

I posted and mistakently deleted this thread earlier this morning, apologies.

I'm a circa 200 hour ppl holder. I've decided to take the plunge, jack in the day job and complete CPL and instructors rating early next summer, and hopefully start instructing full time. My ultimate ambition is to fly for an airline or corporate operator but I've always wanted to instruct first (I've enjoyed the teaching aspects of my non flying jobs so ideally would like to combine the two).

Ideally I'd eventually like to combine SEP instructing with a better paid gig flying something bigger, so would envisage a year or two of full time instructing, networking like hell and then doing the IR and MCC when an opportunity to move on presented itself.

I'm curious to know how things are for instructors currently in terms of annual hours you may expect to fly working full time at a large commercial school in the London area, pay levels and what if any progression opportunities people are seeing as the economy picks up. I'm aware pay is very low but I have no dependents so I'm happy to take a large drop in earnings, at least for a few years.

There are threads exploring similar topics but these date back to pre recession days when the world was very different, so keen to hear about the current situation.

Cheers.

T