PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wright Aviation B722 and C208 Job -> Air Linkers
Old 27th Sep 2014, 12:40
lanef300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wright Aviation B722 and C208 Job -> Air Linkers

Hi everyone,

Like most unemployed pilots, I have applied to those two ads:
B 727-200 First Officer and Flight Engineer for Sri Lanka opeartion-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs
C 208 First Officer at Burundi and Indonesia operation-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs

The first one for a B722 FO position in Sri Lanka, the other for a 208 position in Burundi.

A quick google search for Wright Aviation showed little results and a website which did not really make sense, mixing training, job offers, etc...

Anyway early in the morning I received this email:

Dear Capt. xxx,

First of all we would like to thank you for sending us your CV and showing interest to work with us.

Currently we are in a process of hiring first officer and flight engineer (pilot with basic CPL and IR) of B 727-200 aircraft for our operation at Sri Lanka.

Interested trainee f/o will have to pay,

USD 55,000/ towards B 727-200 type rating and other expenses.

Interested flight engineer will have to pay

USD 48,000/ towards type rating and other expenses.

Trainee pilot will have to sign renewable employment and type rating contract to join us. USD 20,000/ to be paid at the time of signing the contract balance amount to be paid during training period. Monthly stipend/remuneration of US $ 1500 of B 727-200 f/o and US $ 1000/ of B 727-200 flight engineer will be offered during transition period (first year). Employment contract will be renewed after every consecutive year with mutually agreed terms and conditions with marketable pay package. Free accommodation, food, transportation, uniform, laundry, air tickets, medical, insurance, license conversion (if needed) etc. will be covered by the company.

There is possibility of B 727-200 flight engineer will be promoted to f/o position after completion of 1500 flying hours.

May please reach us at +xxx or via e-mail for any further information.

Best Regards,
Capt. xxx,
Head of Flight Crew Recruiter with Wright Aviation and Air Linkers LLC.

I have removed my name and their phone number, and found many interesting posts on pprune about Air Linkers.

Now this is quite a scam, asking for that much money for a 722 rating, but I wanted to start a thread in case people get offered something on the C208...
And if that offer were to be a bit more reasonable, they might accept it (I know I may have), without knowing the other side of the operation.

But maybe I am wrong and Air Linkers is providing some sort of brand new service, completely different from what has been said on pprune, in which case please feel free to share your experience with them.

Now I'm back to the job board....