PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC or CAEOAA
Thread: CTC or CAEOAA
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2014, 08:21
byrondaf

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
These are my thoughts.

I'm currently at CTC in New Zealand and do not regret my choice for a moment. I do not doubt that the training at other providers may also be very good, it's just the placement opportunities with CTC can't really be beaten provided you make the grade. One of my friends graduated in May and is now about to start his type rating with Easyjet. I'm sure Oxford will get you into Ryanair, just I'm not sure everyone has another £30k+ they can spend. Either way both schools are the best ways into a RHS of a jet.

Quality of fleet, accommodation and training is fantastic here in NZ, plus a superb experience being in this country. That's also part of why some people choose CTC. CAVOK weather in Arizona for 5 months wasn't what I was after. All accommodation is provided for too. The aircraft are all quite modern, the G1000's definitely will make the transition to the SIM's much easier.

It depends what you want from your training whether you do Modular or Integrated, also that and cost/funding. I spent 6 years saving up for CTC Wings, so for me choice was all about getting a job, after all thats why most guys/girls look to CTC or OAA. So yes it costs a hell of a lot more, but you could just go modular and get an FI rating and see where that takes you, choice is yours.

Personally I feel that employment is key (for most it's to pay back the loan) and that's why I chose CTC. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.

Last edited by byrondaf; 25th Sep 2014 at 08:22. Reason: ....