PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2014, 21:39
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All

As I understand it BA are gagging for pilots, particularly A320 pilots, and there is likely to be alot of upset chief pilots at the Low Cost Airlines next year when their pilots start handing in their notices prior to the summer season. I think the 250 required pilots mentioned earlier may be an under-estimation. I believe the 320 programme for next year will be considerabley greater than this year. This means that as well as the need for new recruits due to this expansion there will be many new 320 commands freeing up LH right seat slots for SH copilots inturn opening up their seats for more new recruits. Those starting courses at the end of this year will be 1/3 to 1/2 way up the 320 seniority list by the end of next year. Not a bad place to be.

BA will be looking for 747 pilots for next year hence the new LH campaign. They will probably not require 767, 777 or 787 pilots to fly those types (although not yet finalised) but will use those with LH experience to fly the 747s. It is unlikely there will be enough quality 747 applicants to fill the required slots. Those going straight onto LH will be at the bottom of thier seniority list for quite a while but you will have the benefit of the LH lifestyle.

BA will not compromise on the quality of recruits in order to take people with the right type rating. So if enough suitable candidates cannot be found from the present campaigns expect to see A330/340 ratings added to the list, then 737 then finally NTRs. Its done in this way to avoid the recruitment dept being inundated with applications.

For those waiting for replies please remember there are only a couple of guys/girls in the pilot recruitment department. They run the ads, screen the applications, organise the recruitment days, answer emails and phone calls from people like me as well as fitting in a little time to go flying. They will answer all applications, just be patient.

Regards and good luck

P.S. the LH ad now includes the 757, not in the title but the body of the ad.

Last edited by binsleepen; 24th Sep 2014 at 21:43. Reason: add the PS